- Is everyone required to pedal?
No, only 10 out of the 15 passengers. The Sunny Cycle is also equipped with an electric motor to assist the pedaling.
- Who Drives?
The Sunny Cycle Company provides a driver who controls the braking and steering. We also provide a safety supervisor/host.
- What are the height, age and weight restrictions?
A height of 4’9” is required and each passenger must be 10 years of age or older. If the group is choosing stops along the way at establishments that serve alcohol, then all passengers must be 21 years of age or older and be required to show identification. All passengers under the age of 18 years old must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Each cycle seat has a weight restriction 300 pounds.
- What if the weather is bad on your scheduled time for the tour?
The Sunny Cycle has the ability to operate under most weather conditions and will do so using reasonable judgment. If the weather is such that we do not think a tour is appropriate, we will offer a credit for a future tour.
- How fast does it go?
Our average speed is approximately 5-8 mph on level payment.
- Can I bring food and beverage on the Sunny Cycle?
During the two-hour tour we will be stopping at local bars and restaurants for appetizers and refreshments. At this point and time, there is no alcohol allowed on the Sunny Cycle, however, other “non-alcoholic” beverages are allowed.
- What if someone has a pre-existing medical condition?
As with all medical conditions, we recommend that potential customers consult with a medical professional prior to participation.
- What is the cancellation policy? We will work with you to reschedule another tour. We want you to experience this! The responsibility of rescheduling the ride rests with the individual booking the ride. Our cancellation policy will apply if the responsible party fails to reschedule.
- If you cancel 14 days in advance: We will work with you to re-schedule or provide a 75% refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days in advance: We will work with you to re-schedule or provide a 50% refund.
- If you cancel in 7 days or less: Rain check provided, no refund.
Unsafe or inappropriate behavior will result in early termination of your tour and result in a $200 penalty. Examples include, but are not limited to:
Verbal or Physical Abuse
Excessive noise and inappropriate language
**Sunny Cycle is committed to being an upstanding member of the community of Palm Springs, CA and we want to be heralded as first class entertainment.
**Return transportation will be at the responsible party’s own expense. The city of Palm Springs offers free transportation on the Buzz and we will have this information on board to offer to customers.
We reserve the right to charge your credit card following the tour if necessary. There will be no Damage/Late Fee charged if the Sunny Cycle returns on time and undamaged. If the Sunny Cycle returns late or is damaged due to passenger behavior, then appropriate charges will be applied.
$40 = more then 10 minutes late
$55 = more then 15 minutes late
$75 = more then 20 minutes late
Cost of Repair + a $200 penalty